eHealth is an innovative department leading on new ways of development, application, implementation and adoption of digital technologies to improve and transform the delivery of care to patients throughout the NHS Highland area.
If you are passionate about delivering a high quality administrative and secretarial support service to managers and staff across our department then eHealth has a role for you as we are recruiting for a Business Services Administrator who:
- is motivated and enthusiastic
- has good organisational, communication and excellent IT skills
- can work effectively under pressure managing a complex and varied workload
- is flexible
- can adapt quickly to unpredictable and diverse situations and prioritise conflicting demands
- has a high attention to detail skill set
- is a team player who can work independently when required.
We believe that people are at their best when they enjoy their job, so our ambition is to continue to make eHealth a great place to work, with a few of the benefits being:
- Part of an organisation who delivers high quality patient-centred care to people across a vast geographical area
- Part of a department who recognises and values its staff as its greatest resource and critical to the success of the organisation
- Excellent terms and conditions, encouraging hybrid working and supporting a work/life balance.
A good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 would be advantageous.
The shift pattern for this post will be Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.15pm.
Informal enquiries should be made to Carol Duncan, eHealth Business Services Manager on 01463 705586, or by emailing email@example.com.
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Job Train.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please click on this link https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Job Train account for updates
- Please contact Job Train Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Job Train
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Job Train profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland