NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic qualified clinical photographer to join our Medical Illustration team in NHS Highland for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave.
The department is based at Raigmore Hospital, Inverness but provides a multi-skilled photographic, art and graphic service to all Healthcare staff employed in the Highlands and outside the health service where appropriate. A full driving licence would be desirable since occasionally required to work in locations outside of Raigmore Hospital. You will be a talented photographer, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be patient focused and have advanced knowledge of relevant software including Adobe Creative Cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc in Medical Illustration or relevant photography degree & Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate in Clinical Photography and be eligible to be on the national Academy of Healthcare Science (AHCS) register.
A portfolio of recent work is expected to be submitted to demonstrate your range of photographic skills.
As the capital the Highlands, Inverness is a fast growing city set amongst some fantastic scenery and centrally located for travel around the rest of the Highlands which are a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
For more information or an informal chat please contact:
Lucy Griffin, Head of service: 01463 704240
If you wish to apply for this post on a secondment basis please complete the secondment consent form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as completing a full application form.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please click on this link https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland