Job Title: Modern Apprenticeship – Clinical Administrator
Grade: Band 3
Contract Duration: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Location: Capital Medical Practice
Closing Date: Friday 3rd February 2023
Capital Medical Practice is a brand new project which is being implemented to improve access to patients to primary care within the city of Edinburgh. You will become part of a new and innovative team who will provide primary medical services in a GP setting in many of the traditional ways, as well as being at the forefront of new and pioneering ways of using technology to support patients and their health care needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to work within primary care within the NHS.
Some of your daily duties will involve:
- A day in this job will have a number of varied tasks which requires excellent communication skills when engaging with patients, clinicians and fellow team members.
- Providing a friendly and supportive service to patients registered with the practice
- Registering patients with the practice and deducting those moving to another practice
- Booking patient appointments either by telephone, text or face to face
- Issuing repeat prescription requests both paper and electronic
- Coding medical information within patient records
- Supporting clinicians with administrative aspects for referrals and medical reports
- Working with the team to shape and advance new technologies to support effective patient care
You will be supported in your role, and you will have the opportunity to learn and gain the following:
- An SVQ Level 2 Business and Administration and embed the learnings into practice. The underpinning knowledge units include Digital Skills, Minute Taking, Office 365 Software Skills, Effective Email and Template Creation, and Medical Terminology.
- Embed essential employability skills to support career development.
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Enhance your Administrative and IT skills within a busy healthcare environment
- Understanding of working in a healthcare environment
- Working alongside multiple teams to support the delivery of high-quality patient care
- Increase confidence in dealing with the public and effective communication skills in the workplace
- How to establish a report with a multi-disciplinary team and gain the confidence of patients and relatives
- How to address the equality and diversity needs of patients, relatives and staff
- Support to develop further on successful completion of the Modern Apprenticeship through an established career pathway (see attached document for more information on the opportunities that may be available)
What you need to apply:
- Candidates must be between 16-24yrs of age (or the age of 29 if you have a disability or have lived experience of the care system)
- Have gained a National 4 or above in English and Mathematics or core skills at level 4 at grade C or above, which were achieved within another qualification.
- Alternatively, if you have completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills, Financial Services or Accountancy
- Align to the NHS Lothian Values and work to these every day.
- Evidence of working as part of a team could have been gained from Prior work experience, within education, any volunteering you may have done or if you have completed any awards such as Duke of Edinburgh.
- Have a passion for working within a healthcare setting and making a real difference in people’s lives.
- You are committed to doing your best and completing the Modern Apprenticeship with a positive attitude to the programme.
To successfully progress to the next stage of the recruitment process, your application form must evidence all of the above and the additional information detailed in the attachments below. The answers to our Assessment Questions within the application are crucial and should reflect how you feel; you match our desire for enthusiastic and dynamic people who demonstrate a can-do attitude. Please note that your CV will not be considered part of the application process.
Please read all attachments to this advert in full. This gives you helpful information on completing the application form and what is expected within a Modern Apprenticeship Role.
If you believe you have the potential to help us deliver world-class healthcare and want to start to develop your career, we would love you to apply.
The recruitment process will consist of various stages, all of which are mandatory and will all be undertaken online and via MSTeams:
7th February 2023
Information Session to be held via MSTeams 1400-1600
7th February 2023
9th February 2023
Group Interview via MSTeams
21st & 22nd February 2023
Face to Face Interview
23rd February 2023
Candidates who are successful in interview will be expected to start in NHS Lothian on Monday 27th March and we are not able to alter this date.