Where to find us
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
WESTERN ISLES HOSPITAL
CATERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Band 2 - £21,814 - £23,820 pro rata
Plus £1,201 Distant Islands Allowance pro rata
29 hrs per week
A vacancy has arisen for a Catering Assistant to join our existing team. Previous experience would be an advantage but not necessary as training will be provided to allow the right candidate to work in any section of the department. Duties could be in any section of the catering department and will include basic food preparation, food & counter service, receiving, checking & issuing of stock, stock rotation/security & maintaining a high standard of hygiene throughout the department.
If you have good communication skills with a positive and flexible approach to work then we would like to hear from you. You should be available to work flexible shift pattern, including weekends.
Additional benefits of working for NHS Western Isles
- Enhanced rates of pay for evening and weekend working
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Automatic enrolment in the NHS Pension Scheme
- A Carer Positive employer with access to paid special leave
- Generous occupational sick pay and maternity leave provisions
For further information and an informal discussion of the post please contact George Maciver, Catering Services Manager, Western Isles Hospital Tel: 01851 708133.
This post is not eligible for relocation expenses.
All NHS Western Isles vacancies appear on the NHS Scotland website: https://apply.jobs.scot.nhs.uk/ along with a job description.
Any further queries please contact Tel: 01851 762027
Closing Date: 27th March 2023
NHS Western Isles Benefits
· Benefits include a standard working week of 37.5 hours, with pay enhancements to reward weekends, nights and overtime working. This ranges from time plus 88% to time plus 30% depending on your pay band and shifts you work.
· Between 35 and 41 days leave entitlement (inclusive of public holidays) depending on length of service
· Automatic enrolment into the high quality NHS Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
· Policies that enhance your wellbeing and work-life balance including with promotion of flexible working and access to paid special leave.
Misneachail mu chiorramaich