Job Title: Modern Apprenticeship – Clinical Support Worker
Grade: Band 2
Location: Various across Edinburgh and Lothians
Contract Duration: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st January
We are delighted to announce we are recruiting to a number of entry level Band 2 Clinical Support Worker (CSW) positions. These posts are within the following areas and will be Modern Apprenticeships:
Mid Lothian Community Hospital
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh – Theatre/Stroke
St John’s Hospital – Acute
East Lothian Community Hospital – Older People Mental Health
Western General Hospital - High Dependency Unit
Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion - Theatre
We are recruiting to these posts based on your potential to contribute to our high quality patient care as well as demonstration of personal values aligned to those of our organisation: NHS Lothian Values.
Some of your daily duties will involve:
- Carrying out personal care for patients in support of and supervised by registered nurses
- Carrying out duties to maintain activities of daily living for patient care
- Ensure infection control measures are met through cleaning of clinical areas
- Maintenance of stock levels of supplies
- Communicating with patients, relatives, and various team members
You will be supported in your role whilst learning how to maintain high standards of patient care. You will additionally learn and gain:
- A SVQ Level 2 Healthcare (Clinical) and embed the learnings into practise. The underpinning knowledge units include Digital, Working in the Health Sector and the Human Body
- How to manage yourself in a complex dynamic clinical environment
- How to address equality & diversity needs of patients & staff
- How to always ensure patient safety
- How to establish a report with a multidisciplinary team and gain the confidence of patients and relatives
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to progress your career.
To be considered for the Modern Apprenticeship programme candidates must be between 16-24yrs of age (or to the age of 29 if you have a disability or care experienced) and hold a National 4 or above in English and Mathematics or core skills at level 4 which were achieved within another qualification. In addition to this we are also interested in your values, attitude and ability to learn and how this will enable you to become a valued member of our team. The answers to our Assessment Questions are therefore extremely important and should reflect how you feel you match our desire for enthusiastic and dynamic people who demonstrate a can-do attitude. Please note that your CV will not be considered as part of the application process.
Please read all attachments to this advert in full as this gives you helpful information on how to complete the application form as well as what is expected within a Modern Apprenticeship Role.
If you believe you have the potential to help us deliver world class healthcare and want to start to develop your career we would love you to apply.
The recruitment process will consist of various stages, all of which are mandatory, and will all be undertaken on-line and via MSTeams:
6th February 2024
Information Session to be held via MSTeams 1400-1600
8th February 2024
Group Interview via MSTeams
13-15th February 2024
Face to Face Interview
Candidates who are successful in interview will be expected to start in NHS Lothian on Monday 18th March and we are not able to alter this date.
Please note, this advert may close early due to a high demand in applications.