NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Pre-Registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician
Annexe 21 arrangements during 2 year training period
up to 12 months prior to completion of training: 75 per cent of the pay band maximum of the fully qualified rate
more than one but less than two years prior to completion of training: 70 per cent of the pay band maximum of the qualified rate
Would you like the opportunity to earn while you learn, work towards a professional qualification and registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council?
We are looking to recruit motivated and committed trainee pharmacy technicians to undertake a 2 year distance learning training programme during which you will work towards the Diploma in Pharmacy Services.
This includes completing the PDA in Pharmacy Services (SCQF 7) and SVQ in Pharmacy Services (SCQF 8) while developing your knowledge and skills under the supervision and support of our pharmacy team. This is a really exciting time to join our hospital pharmacy team. We have recently installed robotics in our dispensary and distribution services and are introducing a Hospital Electronic Prescribing and Medicine Administration (HEPMA) system as part of an ambitious collaboration across the six north board areas. The HEPMA solution will provide benefits to patients and staff, such that patients receive the best level of care possible.
You will be based in the pharmacy department at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness and gain experience working through the various aspects of our pharmacy service including Purchasing, Storage and Distribution, Clinical, Dispensary and Quality Assurance. One day a week during Scottish term time is dedicated towards the study component of the course where candidates can study from home completing their interactive training modules. To apply for this post applicants must meet the following criteria: National 5 qualifications at Grade A to C in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English/ESOL or completion of the Access to Pharmacy Services (SCQF level 5), NC in Pharmacy Services or NC in Applied Sciences In addition to academic qualifications we are looking for applicants who can evidence an enthusiasm for learning and development, a professional attitude and a passion for working within the wider healthcare care team.
Page 7 of 8 On successful completion of the programme and registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council you will join the Pharmacy Technician Rotational team at Band 4 and have the opportunity to continue your career by completing the NHS Education Scotland Vocational Training Foundation Programme for Pharmacy Technicians.
The post involves working Monday to Friday with a weekend and public holiday commitment on a departmental rota basis. Informal enquiries please contact: Lynn Duff Lead Pharmacy Technician via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Audrey Campbell, Principal Pharmacy Technician via email : email@example.com
Interviews will be held on 03/10/2023
Commencement in post would be 05/02/2024
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork