Where to find us
We have various amazing opportunities for permanent full-time Practice Assessors/Community Practice Teachers to join the Nurse Directorate team, working various hours based at NHSL Headquarters, Kirklands. A full valid UK driving licence holder will be essential for this position to meet the needs of the service.
The Practice Assessor will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of an accessible, appropriate, high-quality, and effective nursing service to all age groups in the community by working in partnership with patients, care providers, and other agencies. To ensure a person-centered approach to care delivery that is safe and effective to ensure and maintain a quality strategy To function as an independent autonomous practitioner by virtue of in-depth knowledge, expertise, proficiency, and experience to lead and enable the Community nursing team to provide a quality nursing service
The Practice Assessor /Community Practice Teacher will be required to lead/manage and support the Community nursing team and post-registration community nurses, be a clinical expert, be involved in public health activities, be accountable for a caseload over a 24-hour period and be a key member of the Integrated Primary Care team and other multi-disciplinary groups
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC Registration
- District Nurse Certificate / SPQ Nursing in the Home or equivalent
- Valid Clinical Practice Teacher Qualification
- Educated to/working towards/operating at Masters Level
- Post graduate expertise within specialty/area of practice that demonstrates the required breadth of knowledge required to lead safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical guidelines and standards within the specialty/area of practice.
- Advanced Specialist knowledge and experience of relevant conditions, pathology, policies, and procedures associated with the specialty/area of practice ensuring that the level of expertise can be utilised to deliver leadership within the specialty/area of practice.
- Evidence of application of advanced practice skills in specialty and applying clinical judgment.
- Evidence of further developed knowledge and experience in management and/or leadership.
- Further education/evidence of Continuous Professional Development in area of specialty including study days/courses/post-graduate qualification
- The post holder will possess excellent team-working/leadership skills and have the ability to motivate and influence others and work using their own initiative
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills and effective time management skills
- Working knowledge of basic information technology
Informal enquiries regarding the post will be welcomed by Michelle Mc Killop, Service Manager Community Nurse
Tel: 07826 953624 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process email:email@example.com
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
‘In NHS Lanarkshire we are committed to recruiting a workforce that fully reflects the diverse make-up of our society. A place where every individual can thrive, develop and succeed based on skill, knowledge, and talent, regardless of race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, care experienced* or any other dimension that can be used to differentiate people from one another.
*Care experienced applicants are people who live/have lived with foster parents/kinship carers or who live/have lived in a residential children’s setting/secure unit.’
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for an interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.
NHS Lanarkshire has a legal obligation to ensure that it does not employ any worker who has not been granted the relevant permission to work in the UK. This permission is without exception granted by UK Visas and Immigrations. We are required to check the entitlement to work in the UK of all prospective employees, regardless of nationality or job category. Candidates who require a Certificate of Sponsorship can access further information at www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk. Skilled worker Visa and all current immigration rules are available at www.gov.uk