Flexible Location: Based throughout Scotland, NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Work Pattern: Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 hours per week.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NES Technology Service (NTS) has created a strategic programme for the transformation of digital based services to allow NES to become a leading digital organisation in Scottish Health, digital by default and fully aligned with the Scottish Government’s technology strategies. It is in pursuit of this aim that NTS are working with partners to develop the National Digital Platform.
The National Digital Platform
In the future, the first point of contact for many health and social care services will be digital. This requires technology that enables innovation and communication between systems in order to ensure these services are delivered in the most effective way.
The National Digital Platform (NDP) is an open, standards-based platform, supporting technology for the health and social care environment. It underpins our commitment to making health and care information and services more accessible. Working with those delivering solutions across health and social care to bring new and existing digital components onto the platform, for re-use.
We are in the business of providing safe, secure and innovative technology products and services that aim to improve outcomes across education, training, workforce, health and care in the public sector in Scotland. Using modern cloud-based technology we deliver sustainable products and services for the future.
We are looking for a Test Manager to join our highly talented and growing team to collaborate and problem-solve some of the most complex challenges in health and social care.
Do you enjoy working as part of a highly skilled multi-disciplinary agile team?
Do you want to play a key leadership role in the development of high quality, robust technology solutions that will directly improve the working lives of NHS colleagues and help improve patient care?
Do you want to lead continuous improvement and development of best practices in software testing?
Do you enjoy working at pace and being adaptive to an ever-changing environment?
Working within the NES Technology Testing team you will have the opportunity to define and drive innovation that will directly inform the development and delivery of digital services for health and care professionals, and the general public.
Does this sound like you?
What We Love to See
Test Managers offer a broad range of skills and experience, if you can offer some or all of these, we’d love you to apply:
- A testing subject matter expert who is confident in promoting the value of testing and the quality benefits our testing service provides
- Ability to confidently provide hands-on leadership and direction across many multi-disciplinary agile teams
- Ability to analyse technology landscapes to define and implement an effective test strategy that provides clear vision and purpose
- Highly experienced in testing complex technology solutions, including cloud-based technologies, relational databases, API’s, reporting suites and large-scale data migrations
- Advocate for a whole-team approach to testing
- Highly effective communicator knowing how to make complex information clear and understandable for a diverse range of senior internal and external stakeholders (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to lead the planning, execution, and reporting on test progress of multiple national systems at a senior level
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage conflict. Extensive experience of developing and maintaining excellent team working relationships and test process improvement within an agile organisation
Benefits Which Matter
As a valued employee of NHS Scotland, you can enjoy an extensive range of benefits including:
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Annual incremental salary progression (up to the maximum of the salary band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave - 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
Diversity and Inclusion
Developing a successful national service for Scotland is impossible without ensuring we consider the diverse needs, perspectives and backgrounds of everyone in Scotland in our work.
We are focused on hiring the very best talent available for NES, and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and aim to ensure everyone is treated fairly, with respect and has a positive recruitment experience - regardless of the outcome.
It’s not essential to be in a Test Manager role right now. You may be returning from a career break (e.g. maternity, paternity, caring for others) or returning after working in another field. Your experiences elsewhere can bring a fresh perspective to our work.
If you are considering applying and feel it would be helpful to discuss this initially, please contact Amanda.email@example.com
Our recruitment process is currently 100% remote and if successful you would initially work remotely, only working from our offices once official guidance supports this.
All applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted by e-mail.
Online interviews (including assessment and/or presentation) will take place on 15th February 2023.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.