*Secondment opportunity / fixed-term for up to 2 years to cover substantive postholders secondment
*Secondment Opportunity – Existing permanent employees must first discuss this opportunity with their substantive line manager and complete the secondment request form prior to interview. The secondment request form and the associated secondment policy can be found on the HR/Recruitment intranet pages and must be completed and signed by the substantive line manager. The Candidate should then take it with them to interview as confirmation that an agreement has been granted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within NHS Forth Valley Prisons Healthcentres for the position of Pharmacy Assistant. The initial base for this post is HMP Cornton Vale however subject to service requirements could be in any of the three Prisons within our jurisdiction.
The role of The Pharmacy Assistant is to :-
- To assist with the accurate and timely processing and supply of medicines within the prison, following specified procedures.
- To contribute towards the day to day running of the Health Centre by ensuring an efficient and accurate medicines supply process.
- To respond to requests from healthcare staff and prisoners for supplies of medicines, dressings, sundries and appliances required to meet the needs of the prison population.
- To participate in the control and distribution of medicines, both as named patient supplies and as stock within the prison.
- To participate in the filing of prescription kardexes and to generate stock control documentation.
- To contribute towards ensuring the quality of service, environment and equipment meet the specified standards.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING WITHIN A PHARMACEUTICAL SETTING IS REQUIRED.
Informal enquiries please contact Clare Reid, Primary Care Deputy Team Leader on Clare.Reid2@nhs.scot
The duties of this post require the successful candidate to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme. More information on this scheme can be found at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Please note that the majority of correspondence is sent by e-mail, therefore please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates.
NHS Forth Valley is positive about disabled people and is committed to offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Please contact the Recruitment Office on 0330 041 4694 if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you with your application and/or interview.
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.