Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours
Location: Westport, Edinburgh. NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- (Line management of staff. Involving day to day liaison and regular meetings to: plan and co-ordinate blocks of work; allocate responsibilities and activities; share information; offer advice and support; reallocate duties as required.
- Assist the team by dealing with escalated accounts payable, credit control and payroll enquiries
- Monitor the Finance Service Desk and team mail boxes to ensure all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner and the responses are of good quality
- Regularly review of the policies with a pro-active approach to continuous process improvements.
- Manage the monthly payroll variance checking and follow up process
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Experience operating at a supervisory level in a Financial Services team leading and setting direction
- Proactive approach to continuous process improvements
- An understanding of all accounting principles and payroll related issues
- Experience of 3 areas from Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Expenses and Cash Management
Informal enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 27 March 2023
Interview date: via MS Teams 12 April 2023
You must have eligibility and entitlement to work in the UK which is required to be maintained throughout your period of employment. Evidence of this must be produced upon request.
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: EoS.ERRS@nhs.scot