Flexible Location: Based throughout Scotland, NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Work Pattern: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
You must have eligibility and entitlement to work in the UK which is required to be maintained throughout your period of employment.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NES Technology Service has created a strategic programme for the transformation of digital based services to allow NES to become a leading digital organisation in Scottish Health, digital by default and fully aligned with the Scottish Government’s technology strategies.
We are in the business of providing safe, secure and innovative technology products and services that aim to improve outcomes across education, training, workforce, health and care in the public sector in Scotland. Using modern cloud-based technology we deliver sustainable products and services for the future.
To enable delivery of the NES Strategy 2023-2026, and assist NTS in our contribution to delivering against the Scottish Government Digital Health and Care Strategy and Data Strategy, NTS is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Architect to oversee data architecture principles, best practice and support technical delivery for stakeholders.
Do you want to play a key role in leading the delivery of high quality and robust data architecture to meet key strategic objectives?
Do you enjoy playing a lead technical role in multi-disciplinary teams to bring data and technology solutions from inception to production and sustained operation?
Do you want to play a crucial role in delivering the NES Strategy, Digital Health and Care Strategy and Data Strategy for Scotland?
Do you enjoy working at pace and being adaptive to an ever-changing environment?
Does this sound like you?
What We Love to See
Data Architects offer a broad range of skills and experience, if you can offer some or all of these, we’d love you to apply:
- Proven experience of designing and embedding top of the range data architecture solutions and best practice
- Highly effective communicator knowing how to make complex technical information and language simple for diverse senior internal and external stakeholders (both verbally and in writing)
- Work collaboratively with the NTS delivery teams, in particular our Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Engineering teams to ensure data architecture best practices are utilised and embedded in working processes
- A clear understanding of what it takes to get complex technology solutions from inception to production to deliver agreed strategic objectives
- Confidently lead in all aspects of data architecture utilising modern, cloud-first technology architecture, design and delivery
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build networks and communities of practice, being a recognised expert in data architecture within NES and wider partner organisations and interest groups
- Line management and coaching/mentoring experience
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, care and compassion when dealing with others, utilising tact and persuasion skills when necessary
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organise and prioritise own workloads and that of others, and to meet strict deadlines
Benefits Which Matter
As a valued employee of NHS Scotland, you can enjoy an extensive range of benefits including:
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Annual incremental salary progression (up to the maximum of the salary band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave - 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
Diversity and Inclusion
Developing a successful national service for Scotland is impossible without ensuring we consider the diverse needs, perspectives and backgrounds of everyone in Scotland in our work.
We are focused on hiring the very best talent available for NES, and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and aim to ensure everyone is treated fairly, with respect and has a positive recruitment experience – regardless of the outcome.
It’s not essential to be in a Data Architecture lead role right now. You may be returning from a career break (e.g. maternity, paternity, caring for others) or returning after working in another field. Your experiences elsewhere can bring a fresh perspective to our work.
If you are considering applying and feel it would be helpful to discuss this initially, please contact email@example.com
Our recruitment process is currently 100% remote and if successful you would initially work remotely, working from our offices as operationally required.
All applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted by e-mail.
Online interviews (including a presentation) will take place between 12 and 13 December 2023. The presentation topic will be sent to candidates selected for interview.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date. Please note, CV’s will not be accepted.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact the East Region Recruitment Service: EoS.ERRS@nhs.scot