Where to find us
Your Career with NHS Lanarkshire
We have 2 Health Care Support Worker (band 2) opportunities in Kelo hospital, fixed term for 6 months ,minimum of 25 hours per week and Flexible woking hours
If you are 16-24 years of age claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment, the Kickstart Scheme could be right for you!
The Kickstart Scheme provides 6-month paid employment opportunities for young people offering a mix of work experience and employability skills training. All positions are a minimum of 25 hours a week.
NHS Scotland is supporting the Kickstart Scheme offering a variety of roles paid at the National Living Wage to help you start your employment journey. You will gain work experience and skills training enabling you to develop highly transferrable skills and gain valuable insights into roles and career routes on offer in the NHS.
In this role you willl be trained to ;
- Guide patients when they arrive
- Observce pateints after vaccination for 15 mins alerting nursing staff if any issues
- Ensure all clinical rooms are adequately stocked and prepared for each session
- Ensure fridges are cleaned routinely in accordance with extant guidance
- Ensure clinical waste is removed from clinical areas and sharps bins replaced in accordance guidelines
- Deliver opportunistic health promotion where appropriateWhat better way to kickstart your career!
If this role appeals to you and you have drive and enthusiasm and a willingness to learn please Speak to your Job Centre Plus work coach to find out more about what is on offer and to be referred.
Visit https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/kickstart to find out more about Kickstart.