Flexible Location: Based throughout Scotland, NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Work Pattern: Fixed-term, Full Time, 37.5 hours per week.
Fixed-term or Secondment until 31/03/2025
For NHS employee applicants: Secondment or SLA will be considered in the first instance.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NES Technology Service has created a strategic programme for the transformation of digital based services to allow NES to become a leading digital organisation in Scottish Health, digital by default and fully aligned with the Scottish Government’s technology strategies.
We are in the business of providing safe, secure and innovative technology products and services that aim to improve outcomes across education, training, workforce, health and care in the public sector in Scotland.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our small, but highly talented and growing team to collaborate and problem-solve some of the most complex challenges in health and social care.
Do you want to take an active role in the development of applications to improve the safety and wellbeing of staff and patients in the clinical environment?
Do you enjoy collaborating and problem solving with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure you are delivering maximum value?
Do you want to play an important role in delivering the Digital Health and Care Strategy for Scotland?
Do you enjoy working at pace and being adaptive to an ever-changing environment?
Working within the Product and Delivery team you will have the opportunity to develop a suite of applications for use in the clinical environment to support the workforce and support the enactment of The Health and Care (Staffing) (Scotland) Act 2019.
Does this sound like you?
What We Love to See
Product Managers offer a broad range of skills and experience, if you can offer some or all of these, we’d love you to apply:
- Experience implementing a product strategy and roadmaps for medium to long term delivery and implementation (3-5 years)
- Ability to collaborate on the design, development and management of future focused national business critical information systems, platforms, applications, integrations and services developed by NES and used across NES and the health and care landscape, through highly scalable cloud based applications and technologies
- A clear understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to facilitate negotiations with a wide range of individuals at within educational and NHS institutions, Scottish Government, Social Care and beyond to ensure the delivery of initiatives at the highest possible standards and in line with NES and SG aims
- Effective communicator knowing how to make complex technical information and language simple for diverse internal and external stakeholders (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organise and prioritise workload and to meet strict deadlines
Benefits Which Matter
As a valued employee of NHS Scotland, you can enjoy an extensive range of benefits including:
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Annual incremental salary progression (up to the maximum of the salary band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave - 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
Diversity and Inclusion
Developing a successful national service for Scotland is impossible without ensuring we consider the diverse needs, perspectives and backgrounds of everyone in Scotland in our work.
We are focused on hiring the very best talent available for NES, and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and aim to ensure everyone is treated fairly, with respect and has a positive recruitment experience – regardless of the outcome.
It’s not essential to be in a Product Manager role right now. You may be returning from a career break (e.g. maternity, paternity, caring for others) or returning to Product Management after working in another field. Your experiences elsewhere can bring a fresh perspective to our work.
If you are considering applying and feel it would be helpful to discuss this initially, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*NHS applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Our recruitment process is currently 100% remote and if successful you would initially work remotely, only working from our offices once official guidance supports this.
All applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted by e-mail.
Online interviews will take place on 11th May 2022.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.