Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
We require a Facilities Assistant to join our team in providing facilities support services to all our NES staff and visitors at our Westport, Edinburgh office. The post holder, working as part of a team, will provide office support services to the required service level standard which include the following work streams: Reception, Mail Services, Meeting Room Booking Administration, Meeting Room Set-Up (including catering requests, setting up rooms and clearing rooms) Travel Bookings, Stationery, Reprographics, Waste Management and dealing with general enquiries.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Meeting Room Booking Administration and Meeting Room Set-Up – using the room booking system, administer room booking requests and ensure rooms are set up/cleared accordingly to meeting user requirements. Arrange/set up catering requirements.
- Travel Bookings – administer travel and accommodation as required by liaising with travel agency providers and staff ensuring requests are dealt with accurately and efficiently.
- Stationery – maintain stock levels of office consumables ensuring adequate supplies at central/distributed points at all times.
- Reception – provide full reception service, including handling telephone/visitor enquiries, meet/greet visitors in a professional manner and directing appropriately, booking taxis and franking/mail distribution services.
- Office Security – follow safety and security policies and procedures. Retain records of access card issue/returns, ensuring accurate records are kept up to date. Issue as required staff identity badges.
- Occasional travel to the Glasgow Office to provide cover (compensated for additional time/expenses).
What you'll bring
We are looking for highly motivated and committed individuals who will share our vision of providing a first-class customer service to our colleagues and visitors.
These will include but are not restricted to:
Knowledge/experience of office procedures in a customer service focussed environment, preferably with facilities experience.
- Ability to follow in-house office and administrative processes and systems and provide feedback.
- Ability to work as part of a team to deliver a consistent, high quality service at all times.
- Helpful, flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Attention to Detail
- Effective communication skills including face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing.
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative with good organisational and problem solving skills.
- IT literacy to National 4 or equivalent (Office365 or minimum MS Word, Excel and Outlook) and keyboard skills.
- Numerical skills
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: Monday, 16 May 2022 in person at Westport, Edinburgh Office
Interview date: Wednesday, 25 May & Thursday, 26 May 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com