Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 1 x Fixed Term for until 31st March 2024, 2 x Permanent Posts
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Support and maintain appropriate and effective office management systems to ensure a smooth flow of information within the department. Working proactively, suggesting and implementing changes to local procedures and processes to improve efficiency, where appropriate.
- Deal with non-routine enquiries received by the department, sending out all the relevant documents/other information as requested, providing direct support for all enquiries, progress chasing and problem solving.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks applicable to their department/directorate and
- be able to provide cover for other team members as and when required.
- To organise and co-ordinate meetings/conferences at a national level/training events/project or steering group meetings for the team, organising diaries, taking and distributing minutes, preparing materials/delegate packs and arranging catering/equipment.
- Enter quality feedback and other data to databases and spreadsheets to a high level of accuracy and efficiency, and support management staff in the production and dissemination of routine reports as needed
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent including good standard of English and Maths
- HNC level in Business Administrative discipline or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in an office administrator role or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) .
Fixed Term post - Informal enquiries may be directed to Kathleen Forsyth at Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent posts - Informal enquiries may be directed to Hilary Duffy at Hilary.Duffy@nhs.scot
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 19th May 2022 (Updated)
Interview date: to be confirmed (interviews will be conducted remotely)
You must have eligibility and entitlement to work in the UK which is required to be maintained throughout your period of employment. Evidence of this must be produced upon request.
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com