Fixed term/ Secondment until end of March 2023
*NB if you are currently an NHS Scotland employee and applying for this post it would be offered as SLA or secondment only
Base - Flexible: Any NHS Education for Scotland office. Please note in the Context of COVID 19 if successful, you will initially be working remotely.
Please note we are advertising 2 roles: this post - Principal Educator with focus on autistic adults and learning needs for generic AHPs and second post – Senior Educator focus on AHPs working with children and young people within wider mental health services.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the health and care workforce in Scotland.
We are looking to appoint a Principal Educator (Allied Health Professions) until March 2023 to build on work to develop education resources for AHPs in relation to supporting adults with Autism, and to provide an AHP contribution and perspective to the NES wide workforce development focused on Autism and Neurodiversity
This post is hosted within the NMAHP Directorate and will work with colleagues across NES and with external stakeholders to build on and develop work which has already commenced to support AHP workforce development in relation to supporting adults with Autism and other neurodevelopmental diagnosis.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Working with stakeholders to develop a portfolio of education and workforce development activities for AHPs across health and social care, related to adults with Autism and Neurodiversity.
- Building on work already undertaken to include lived experience in providing online learning materials suitable for AHPs working in generic settings where autistic adults and adults yet to consider diagnosis will be part of the wider population using AHP services
- Nurturing existing partnerships and relationships, and where necessary, developing additional working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the health and social care sectors in relation to Autism and Neurodiversity.
- Designing, delivering and evaluating a range of innovative approaches to support the spread and embedding of education resources across AHPs (and other groups as appropriate)
- Supporting multi-professional and inter-agency approaches to learning and workforce development across health and social care.
- Using high level communication, influencing and relationship skills to shape and articulate NES’s contribution to workforce learning and development
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Registration as one of the Allied Health Professions (AHPs) with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Educated to master’s degree level plus substantial postgraduate experience, or working towards this
- Subject and clinical expertise working with adults with autism and neurodiversity and ability to translate knowledge to others new to autism
- Proven experience in developing, commissioning, managing and evaluating workforce development programmes/activities
- Experience in the development and delivery of a range of education programmes and developing learning materials including writing for web based online learning
- Working within a multidisciplinary/multiagency environment utilising facilitation and network building skills including excellent stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable senior management/leadership experience within a large complex organisation
- Evidence of creativity and innovation, effective communication and facilitation skills and project management experience
- Informal enquiries may be directed to Audrey Taylor Audrey.firstname.lastname@example.org or Helen McFarlane Helen.McFarlane@nhs.scot
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 23/05/2022
Interview date: from the 06/06/2022
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com