Flexible Location: Based throughout Scotland, NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Work Pattern: Fixed-term, Full Time, 37.5 hours per week.
Fixed-term or Secondment* until 31/03/2023
*For NHS employee applicants: Secondment or SLA will be considered in the first instance.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NES Technology Service has created a strategic programme for the transformation of digital based services to allow NES to become a leading digital organisation in Scottish Health, digital by default and fully aligned with the Scottish Government’s technology strategies.
We are in the business of providing safe, secure and innovative technology products and services that aim to improve outcomes across education, training, workforce, health and care in the public sector in Scotland.
We are looking for a Senior Delivery Manager to join our small, but highly talented and growing team to help deliver new products to be used in health and social care.
Do you want to play a key role in delivering working software to health and care professionals?
Do you have a keen interest in Agile and lean practices with a track record in applying them?
Do you enjoy leading, encouraging, and motivating teams?
Do you enjoy working at pace and being adaptive to an ever-changing environment?
Working within a delivery team you will have the opportunity to deliver software that will directly improve the working lives of health and care professionals and have a direct impact for the general public.
Does this sound like you?
What We Love to See
Senior Delivery Managers offer a broad range of skills and experience, if you can offer some or all of these, we’d love you to apply:
- Proven experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment on high-risk products and services
- Ability to actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists
- A clear understanding of agile and lean practices and experience in leading teams in their application
- Ability to work collaboratively with Product Managers (or Product Owners) in producing plans and communicating these plans to a range of stakeholders
- Highly effective at identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative, to organise and prioritise workload and to meet strict deadlines
Benefits Which Matter
As a valued employee of NHS Scotland, you can enjoy an extensive range of benefits including:
- Life-work balance - with opportunities for flexible working and remote working
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Annual incremental progression (up to the maximum of the salary band) plus annual NHS salary scale review
- Annual Leave - 27 Days increasing in line with service plus 8 days public holiday
- NHS discounts and more
Diversity and Inclusion
Developing a successful national service for Scotland is impossible without ensuring we consider the diverse needs, perspectives and backgrounds of everyone in Scotland in our work.
We are focused on hiring the very best talent available for NES, and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and aim to ensure everyone is treated fairly, with respect and has a positive recruitment experience – regardless of the outcome.
It’s not essential to be working as a Senior Delivery Manager right now. You may be returning from a career break (e.g. maternity, paternity, caring for others) or returning to delivery management after working in another field. Your experiences elsewhere can bring a fresh perspective to our work.
If you are considering applying and feel it would be helpful to discuss this initially, please contact email@example.com
*NHS applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Our recruitment process is currently 100% remote and if successful you would initially work remotely, only working from our offices once official guidance supports this.
All applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted by e-mail.
Online interviews will take place on 7th June 2022.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.