Associate Postgraduate Dean for Simulation Anaesthetics
Hours: 2 PA’s (8 hours per week)
Duration: Fixed Term for 3 years*
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
A unique opportunity is now available as clinical lead for developing, leading and delivering the national simulation training for the Anaesthetics training programme.
The work will include:
- Leading on the introduction of the national simulation teaching programme to support the development of Anaesthetics trainees which will involve both technical and non-technical skills as approved by NES Medicine Simulation Collaborative
- Working with training programme directors, health board simulation leads, local training leads to develop course material including assessments for the formal regional and local teaching programmes.
- Facilitate at training sessions and ensure delivery of the course material through establishment of a networks of trainers.
- Ensuring a quality assurance process of the delivered training including analysis of benefit to inform future developments.
- Work with other professionals as appropriate.
- Work to ensure equity of training for all trainees.
- Work with the Postgraduate Dean, Surgery Specialty Training Board and NES Medicine Simulation team.
Applications are invited from consultants who have experience in the delivery and assessment of simulation-based training as itemised in the job description and person specification.
* For NHS employee applicants: Secondment or SLA will be considered in the first instance
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Informal enquiries please email Adam.Hill@nhs.scot
The post is available for 3 years.
Committed to equal opportunities
Closing Date: 25.05.2022
Interview Date: 15.06.2022 (am) or 20.06.2022 (am) (Interviews will be conducted Remotley)
You must have eligibility and entitlement to work in the UK which is required to be maintained throughout your period of employment. Evidence of this must be produced upon request.
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org