1 x Fixed term/Secondment until 31st March 2023* (7495BR)
1 x 0.8 WTE Fixed term/Secondment until 30th June 2023* (8020BR)
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work. Travel to the Glasgow offices required frequently.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The Dental Directorate is responsible for the management, funding and provision of Postgraduate Education for Dentists and Dental Care Professionals within Scotland and pre-registration training for dental nurses. Postgraduate Education is provided for practitioners within the General Dental Service, Public Dental Services and the Hospital Dental Service. The Directorate is responsible for overseeing the provision of Vocational Training for new dental graduates and CPD courses for general dental practitioners and the dental care professionals. In addition to this the directorate oversees the dental training grades in the Hospital service and is responsible for the management of Dental ACT and student outreach funds.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks applicable to the workstream/directorate and be able to provide cover for other team members as and when required.
- Maintain department databases and spreadsheets ensuring these are kept up to date and entering data to a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Support the planning and organisation of events, such as meetings, training events, conferences at a national level both online and face-to-face. This can include diary management, booking venues, liaising with participants, preparation of materials/delegate packs and arranging catering, equipment and accommodation as required.
- Perform general office duties including answering phone calls, filing and photocopying. Compile information packs and mailings, issuing paperwork, dealing with returns, and processing forms.
- The job will require you to provide support services to staff and visitors to the Glasgow Dental Education Centre including reception services, meeting room booking administration, meeting room set-up, (including use of audio visual equipment, room set ups, clearing rooms and ensuring catering requirements are met). There are some physical aspects to the role required during room set up and tidying up after events.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, in a related subject area.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- High level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and a pleasant manner.
- Reception or customer service skills, with a helpful, flexible attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work within a complex and dynamic changing team.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please email: Melodye.Rennie@nhs.scot
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 5th July 2022
Interview date: 27th July 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process or the application portal, please contact NES HR Recruitment and/or Accessibility info and Jobtrain support