CHAIR OF SPECIALTY TRAINING BOARD (STB) for SURGERY
Part Time: 1 PA (4 hours per week)
Fixed term/Secondment for 3 years in the first instance
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
The Chair of the Specialty Training Board (STB) for Surgery is to be responsible for chairing the STB and reporting to/advising the Lead Dean Director / Medical Directorate Senior Team (MDST) with regard to programme management, quality management, recruitment and selection and other strategic activities relevant to medical training in Scotland
What you'll bring
- GMC Full Registration
- MBChB or equivalent
- Inclusion in the GMCs General and Specialist Registers
- Holds a senior or significant appointment in the NHS
- Experience in delivering postgraduate education and training
- Broad understanding of GMC and NES policy frameworks
- Board knowledge of Royal Colleges and SACs
- Knowledge of management and governance structures in medical education and training and awareness of recent changes in the delivery of medical education and training locally and nationally
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and curriculum delivery
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Adam Hill – Adam.Hill@nhs.scot
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the job information pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 15.08.2022
Interview date: 18.10.2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: EoS.ERRS@nhs.scot