Fixed term opportunity (till end of March 2021)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
NHS Education for Scotland is seeking an Associate Delivery Manager to join their Delivery team within the Digital Directorate.
The Delivery Business Unit aims to maximise NES’s return on its investment in digital products and services by focusing on ensuring we are delivering the right thing, to the right people at the highest quality.
What you'll do
The postholder will play a key role in delivering valuable solutions to help support the work of NES.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
• Working with NES Product owners and external partners, ensuring the effective delivery of their vision for a product
• Helping the delivery team to identify and implement a process that works for them, continually improving effective and sustainable value delivery
• Working with the NES Product Owners, external partners, and delivery teams to develop a plan, based on the product roadmap
• Identifying, addressing and managing risks, issues and dependencies that will impede the effective delivery of a product
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to:
• Able to communicate effectively across technical and political boundaries
• Effective in communicating the plan and progress against plan to a range of stakeholders
• Able to solve issues and unblock problems. Drives teams, ensuring teams are working towards delivery commitments
• Able to track and manage dependencies within a delivery team
• Able to ensure all delivery teams are transparent and that the work is understood by the stakeholders
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the attached Job Information Pack which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.