Salary: Band 6 plus £1298.39 High Secure Environmental Allowance per annum
Post details: Support the Board’s key financial processes, ensuring these are carried out in an efficient and timely manner, in accordance with Boards statutory and regulatory requirements. Responsible for the production of the templates and word document for the year-end statutory annual accounts, and all statutory returns in relation to income tax, VAT, national insurance and superannuation.
• Manage the Financial Accounting Team and Patient Funds/Bank staff.
• Lead on all financial aspects of legal claims and works with the Central Legal Office and Scottish Government (SG) in ensuring these are appropriately funded
• Designated Fraud Liaison Officer for the Board, responsible for promoting and developing a counter fraud culture within the Board, including responsibility for the annual fraud plan and fraud updates.
• Responsible for the operational element of all capital accounting, and asset management including system management
• Provision of information for capital financial planning activities and revenue activities of the Board, in support of annual financial plans’ preparation and implementation, and accurate and timely reporting against these.
• Assist in the management and development of high quality financial services and systems within the Board in compliance with the Boards corporate governance framework, statutory and professional responsibilities and standards.
• Ensure that financial controls are maintained within the Board corporate governance guidelines
• Provide quality information in support of internal and external audit, and to other stakeholders as required, including service agreements / contracts with other NHSScotland boards.
• Deputise for the Deputy Director of Finance as required.
Experience: • A relevant degree or equivalent experience in a similar role, preferably within the NHS or public sector environment, or able to demonstrate equivalent competencies, knowledge, or experience.
• Ability to exercise initiative and seek alternative solutions (workarounds).
• Ability to communicate effectively verbal and written at all levels, both internally and externally.
• Ability to prioritise work and work on own initiative whilst under pressure.
• Experience of managing and developing staff.
• In-depth knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards
• Specialist NHS Vat knowledge required to ensure appropriate Vat treatment has been applied in statutory returns
• Advanced knowledge of public sector Capital Accounting Manual
• Proficient IT skills including a working knowledge of Cedar & financial systems reporting tools.
• Extensive knowledge of financial reporting and statutory NHS requirements.
• Ensuring confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion are maintained all times
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd February 2020. For an informal discussion please contact Robin McNaught, Finance and Performance Management Director on 01555 842004.
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact Rhiannon Lammie on 01555 842182 or Linsey Norton, Recrutiment Administrator on 01698 377667
Applications from candidates who require a Tier 2 Certificate of sponsorship (formerly Work Permits) will only be considered if no suitable UK or EEA national is identified for this post. For further information on the UK Border Agency’s new points based System which now governs the way individuals from outside the EEA can work in the UK please visit www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk.