**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Permanent: 2 posts; Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term / Secondment*: 1 post; Full Time; 37.5 hours per week; End date: 31 March 2021
*For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance.
NB: If selected for interview, you will have the opportunity provide a preference from the available posts above.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What You Will Do
The key responsibilities of this role are: -
• Support the HR Team with recruitment volume and onboarding activities.
• Support the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to enable HR to provide an exemplar customer service, particularly for recruitment and employee relations.
• Provide advice on complex queries and manage complaints to ensure resolution.
• Supervise the workload of the Band 4s and Band 3s to ensure the workload is evenly distributed and queries are resolved if practicable before escalation.
• Ensure accurate establishment control.
• Support with Employee Relations cases, particularly on Absence Management cases, and also at Informal Stage, and Stages 1 & 2 of relevant policies e.g. Grievance and Disciplinary.
• Policy and process development.
• Manage and develop the HR Team to measurable performance standards are achieved.
• Optimize usage of the Helpdesk to include design and implementation of the information contained to enable ‘self-serve.’
• Be able to liaise confidently with key stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
NES is seeking a dynamic individual who can demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, energy and a common-sense approach to deliver a range of proactive, robust and future focused generic HR services that optimises digital technology.
You will require to have visibility and be able to manage an ambitious HR Team to be a confident, aspirational and service focussed. Reporting to the HRBP, you will provide advice and guidance to NES as required enabling repeat business.
You'll contribute towards a culture of high performance, learning and self-development, creating an exciting environment where everyone wants to come to work to do their best. You will have a nurturing style as we build a greater emphasis on values and behaviours across the organisation with the ability to influence and develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the NHS in Scotland.
The successful candidate can be flexibly located; however, you will need to attend the Head Office in Edinburgh when required. You will also be required to travel in Scotland.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the below Job Information Pack which includes the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance.
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 5th July 2020.
Interview Date: 21st July 2020.
**Please note we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage**