Public Health Scotland is a new organisation between the Scottish Government and Local Government, working in partnership, to provide leadership to improve and protect the health and wellbeing of the people of Scotland.
Public Health Scotland launched 1st April 2020 with the formal status of a National Special Health Board employing around 1100 people, and with an annual budget of around £60 million, Public Health Scotland will provide authoritative information and services to support people and communities across Scotland. It will lead the national response to unforeseen health emergencies and will contribute to national and local government policy through its provision of robust data and intelligence.
We have an amazing opportunity for you to join our growing team. As one of our Information Analysts you will:
- Analyse and interpret complex data
- Use a wide range of data sources and powerful analytics tools to provide insight that supports better decision making
- Present complex data effectively through data visualisation techniques
- Communicate insights in a customer focussed environment
- Help core customers access and analyse our many data sets
- Support academia to deliver state of the art research projects
- Compile and present important statistics to a wide audience, including NHS Scotland, NHS Boards, Scottish Government, other partner organisations, and the general public
Successful shortlisted candidates will progress to second stage shortlisting week commencing 5th October
Interviews will then be held week commencing Monday 26th October 2020
Our benefits package includes pension scheme, comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, learning resource centres and discounted leisure, financial and shopping benefits.
For an informal discussion on the post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 27th September 2020
Please note that the majority of correspondence is sent by e-mail only, so please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders).
Public Heath Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and as committed participant in the disability confident scheme, guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies