Information Services Division of NHS National Services Scotland has over 40 years’ experience of supporting NHSScotland to deliver better health outcomes: better data means better lives. We are the largest employer of information staff in Scotland. We work with clinicians, health and social care practitioners, managers, researchers and others across the wider public service and beyond.
We have an amazing opportunity for you to join our team. As one of our Heads of Service you will:
• Play a key role in developing and implementing the strategic direction and policy of the Public Health and Intelligence Strategic Business Unit, with a particular focus on digital transformation of our services
• Provide leadership to direct and control the resources (budget and staffing) of the Service area in order to develop and deliver high quality and innovative information services
• Provide expert professional advice to stakeholders, customers and staff in order to optimise best value from the use of Scotland’s health data
This is an excellent chance to use and grow your skills and experience in:
• Leadership - leading a managing service areas, comprising up to 100 staff
• Developing robust financial, workforce and annual operational business plans to ensure agreed service and performance levels are met
• Building and maintaining deep partnerships with customers and stakeholders in the Scottish Government, NHSScotland, Integration Authorities and partner organisations
Successful candidates will be expected to be flexible in working in locations across Scotland.
You can learn more about the ISD by visiting ISD Scotland , visiting the NSS YouTube channel or following us on Twitter .
Our benefits package includes pension scheme, comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, learning resource centres and discounted leisure, financial and shopping benefits.
For an informal discussion on the post, please contact NSS.PHIworkforce@nhs.net
Closing date for completed applications is 29th August 2019. Interviews are planned for week beginning 9th September 2019.
Further information on NSS is available from: www.nhsnss.org
Please note that the majority of correspondence is sent by e-mail only, so please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders).
NHS National Services Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and as committed participant in the disability confident scheme, guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies”