Did you help the NHS in the pandemic and wish you were still a registered nurse? Have your circumstances changed and you now wish to rejoin the register in a safe and supportive environment?
If yes then please keep reading.
Return to Practice Nursing Programme
This programme is an exciting collaboration with NHS Dumfries & Galloway and Glasgow Caledonian University.
Applications are invited from Adult, Children and Mental Health Nursing as well as Midwifery, and with a lapse of registration for the Return to Practice programme commencing September 2022.
- Evidence of previous NMC Statement of entry
- Declaration of any NMC Order (if relevant)
- Following successful interview, undertake and complete all required pre-employment checks
- Commitment to fulfil the programme requirements and remain within employment for a minimum of one year within NHS Dumfries & Galloway
- Undertake the academic and practice elements of the programme without interruption
Our Commitment to you:
- Your programme fees will be paid in full
- NHS Dumfries & Galloway will support you financially, meaning you will be paid as a Band 2 (£18600 - £20606) for the duration of the programme
- On successful completion of the programme you will be offered employment as a registered practitioner in a substantive post in NHS Dumfries & Galloway
- You will receive academic and practice learning support for the duration of your programme to facilitate your return to the NMC register
What happens next?
Applications are now invited from interested individuals who are seeking to re-join the NMC register
Please state on your application if you have a preference for a particular clinical area/geographical area as we will try to support individuals preferences.
Candidates will be required to apply to NHS Dumfries & Galloway and, following successful interview, to Glasgow Caledonian University.
Applications will be subject to a stringent short listing process with Glasgow Caledonian University and those shortlisted will be subject to a joint values based interview between NHS Dumfries & Galloway and Glasgow Caledonian University.
Informal enquiries to: Christina Hoare – Email: Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org