The post holder will provide professional and managerial leadership, promote development of dietetic practice, manage all staff and be accountable for the delivery of Nutrition and Dietetic Services within his/her designated service area (DSA) i.e. Acute or Primary Care (including Mental Health & Learning Disability)
- To be responsible, to the Head of Profession - Dietetics, for the planning and organisation of the Nutrition and Dietetic service in his/her DSA that includes managing a devolved budget, recruitment, retention, deployment of staff, service and staff development, appraisal and performance management.
- To deputise for the Head of Profession – Dietetics when required.
- To act as a source of expertise for patients other health care professionals, GPs and Consultants.
- To be responsible for a clinical caseload within own area of clinical expertise.
- Knowledge of recruitment and retention, appraisal and performance management
- Diploma in Catering & Dietetics, Degree or post graduate diploma in Dietetics
- Current registration with HPC as a Dietitian
- Wide range of experience of dietetic work in acute care/primary care settings.
- Skills in group work
- Knowledge and skills in nutritional aspects of chronic disease management
Informal enquiries regarding the post will be welcomed by Maureen Lees, Dietitian Manager on 07824307318
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.