An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen to join the Nutrition & Clinical Dietetic service as a Clinical Lead Dietitian for the Older People’s team. As Clinical Lead you will join with your colleagues leading the 6 specialist dietetic teams in Fife.
You will provide leadership and peer support to this team of 12 dietitians and support staff. The staffing of the Older People’s team is 9% of the dietetic service and provides approximately 8,000 patient contacts.
• To support the Older People’s team within the Nutrition & Dietetic department
• To provide leadership and maintain a seamless service for in-patients
• To provide comprehensive and effective service to Older People’s patients as referred by members of healthcare teams
• Develop nutritional care pathways which may include sessions plans, resources and clinical outcomes
• To provide service reports on an annual basis
• Lead for implementing Food Fluid & Nutritional Care and Complex Care Standards in Older People.
• Practice Placement Lead for student training programme within the Nutrition & Dietetic Department
• You will have your own clinical caseload to assess, plan and deliver nutrition and Dietetic care to a specific clinical area
• You will identify the clinical work areas and distribute and support staffing as appropriate, on a day to day basis
• To provide expert consultation, liaison and information about the nutritional care requirements of patients in Older People to a range of staff and other agencies.
• Attendance at monthly Clinical Management meetings and department training
You will be registered with HCPC, you will have the skills, competencies and experience appropriate for the post.
The Nutrition & Clinical Dietetic Department is a Fife wide service providing Dietetic care to one Acute hospital, Primary Care hospitals and the community. The department is currently arranged into clinical groups for; Acute, Adult Weight Management & Diabetes, Mental Health (including Learning Disabilities), Nutritional Support, Older People and Infant Nutrition & Paediatrics. There are also specialist Dietitians working in the Health Promotion/Dietetics Food & Health Team and working with the Prescribing teams.
The Dietetic department takes both undergraduate and graduate Dietetic students for B & C programmes each year; involving staff in the delivery and organisation of the programmes. The department runs regular department training sessions and supports staff in their continuing professional development. The department has good clerical support, IT, internet and library facilities.
For informal nquiries, please contact Janie Gordon, Professional Head of Service, Nutrition & Dietetic Department on 01383 565350.
A requirement of this post is to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Prior to appointment.
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK) or Irish National, you are required to confirm your right to work in your application.