*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Flexible Location NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work. Please note, for this particular role, travel throughout Scotland may be required.
Open to Qualified Health Professional, eligible to be registered with the relevant professional body, and with experience of working within the NHS at a senior level
Who We Are
About the NHS Scotland Academy (NHSAA)
The NHS Scotland Academy is an exciting partnership between NHS Golden Jubilee and NHS Education for Scotland to offer accelerated training for a wide range of health and social care roles and professions. The Academy will provide an opportunity for staff to improve their skills in specific areas, using residential, distance and virtual reality learning. It will offer attractive training programmes linked to recruitment and career progression.
The Academy draws on the strengths of both parent organisations. It will use both the state-of-the-art clinical and simulation facilities at NHS Golden Jubilee and the educational expertise and technology-enabled learning offered by NHS Education for Scotland
The Academy will support NHS Scotland to develop additional capacity and new capabilities. It will add to existing educational programmes and respond to evolving and emerging workforce needs. By addressing recruitment gaps and training needs, it will help ensure the health and social care workforce is prepared for future needs in Scotland.
As part of this partnership, the successful applicant will be employed by NHS Education for Scotland within the Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professions Directorate (NMAHP).
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
• Work in collaboration with the NMAHP Head of Programme /acute care and other directorate leads in NHS Education for Scotland to ensure delivery of outcomes for NHSSA programme outcomes.
• Professional leadership and operational management of the Education function within NHSSA including shared responsibility for budget, annual operational planning and quarterly progress reporting aligning academy function within NES business requirements.
• Leadership of the education team developing and delivering education for the multi-disciplinary work force, developing strategic relationships with education partners and core agencies to inform and underpin education outcomes
• Understanding, interpretation and responsiveness to emergent service needs, to lead on required educational development for the expanding workforce
• Provide assurance that effective governance arrangements are in place to plan, deliver and quality manage the education and training provision in line with NHHSA and NES requirements
• Responsiveness to commissions from Scottish Government and other strategic partners with the procurement of services to support development and delivery of educational products in the context of delivering NHSSA objectives.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
• Qualified Health Professional, eligible to be registered with the relevant professional body, and with experience of working within the NHS at a senior level
• Leading the development and delivery of education at a regional and national level in an acute care context
• Expertise in application of technology enabled learning for the acute clinical setting
• Ability to develop and utilise an extensive professional network of contacts and relationships with government agencies, funding bodies, professional regulatory bodies, other education providers and service partners
• Ability to work in complex environments where the parameters of the job may not be clearly defined
Informal enquiries may be directed to Kevin Kelman Director NHS Scotland Academy email@example.com
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th August 2021
Interview date: Monday 23rd and Friday 27th August 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, religion, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org