The post offers an exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will work across health and social care, undertaking work allocated as a result of Family support Team Meeting or identified by Health Visitors (Govanhill C&F Team) or Social Workers (Asylum and Roma Team)
The role will involve supporting families to access health and social services with focus on vulnerable groups of the population and ethnic minorities including Roma.
The role will involve:
- Assisting, encouraging and supporting individual clients to access primary and secondary care health services. Including Antenatal Care, Dental Care, Sexual Health Clinics, Immunisation Clinics etc.
- Supporting families to engage with pre 5 and post 5 education.
- Referring clients to relevant health, social, and educational services including supports around financial inclusion.
- Supporting local health authorities with particular health campaigns
- Conducting health education sessions in the community.
- Providing support to access legal services.
- Supporting the population to contribute to community plans and service improvement.
Glasgow HSCP, South Locality is the largest sector in NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Children Services are fully integrated with Children’s Social Work Services and are committed to the key ambition and aims of Getting It Right for Every Child (GIRFEC), to provide children and young people with the best possible start in life. We are committed to supporting and developing our staff, facilities and services to provide the highest standard of care.
Essential for the role: SVQ level 3 but keen to also consider experience relevant to the role.
As you will be working primarily with the EU population in Govanhill the ability to speak Romanian or Roma would be desirable for the role.
This is a Fixed term post for 12 months.
Informal Contact: Gillian Thomson, Team Leader, Tel No: 07766085240
Details on how to contact the Recruitment Service can be found within the Candidate Information Packs .
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde encourages applications from all sections of the community. We promote a culture of inclusion across the organisation and are proud of the diverse workforce we have