Please note this is a fixed term post until 12 months. Where a post only has temporary funding and an existing member of NHS Lanarkshire staff wishes to apply, this will be treated as a secondment. The employee MUST already have had agreement from their line manager to be released on a secondment before applying for the post.
An exciting opportunity has emerged to join NHS Lanarkshire as a Clinical Procurement Manager, covering clinical supplies throughout all theatre sites within NHS Lanarkshire. Focussing initially on delivering financial savings and quality improvements across a range of specific surgical procedures, the role represents an excellent opportunity to contribute to the delivery of first-class healthcare services in Scotland.
This post is based at the Board’s headquarters in Bothwell, but is currently working remotely, the role is fixed-term for 12 months with the possibility that this may be extended.
The overall purpose of this lead a programme of activity to ensure value for money in relation to the purchase of clinical supplies across the three theatres sites within NHS Lanarkshire. The approach will be to standardise / rationalise products per procedure ensuring that the most cost effective, clinically acceptable products are used wherever possible. In order to achieve this, the post holder will lead and direct on the following key areas:
- To develop and performance manage a Clinical Product Rationalisation and Standardisation Policy for NHS Lanarkshire against a targeted range of procedures.
- To lead and direct the senior clinical team and Procurement staff in achieving standardisation and rationalisation of clinical supplies required for service provision throughout the theatres sites.
- To lead and support the Theatres Consumables Group in their task of standardising and rationalising supplies used in the provision of the service throughout NHS Lanarkshire theatres. This may also require reporting into the peri-operative group and to the National Theatres Group.
- To direct and liaise with the relevant heads of department and their representatives in their task of conducting product trials, assembling the relevant paperwork to support change and assisting in the implementation of change throughout NHS Lanarkshire Theatres.
- To direct processes in conjunction with Finance and the Procurement department to provide best value for money including cash releasing initiatives to increase cost savings in relation to the purchase of clinical supplies.
- To lead negotiations (under the direction of the Head of Procurement) with medical product manufacturers and their representatives, and to obtain value for money for NHS Lanarkshire.
- The post holder will also be expected to initiate and develop expertise in all the above areas across NHS Lanarkshire.
The post requires an individual who demonstrates a high level of competence in critical leadership behaviours identified as crucial to achieving success within NHS Scotland
• Working in partnership
• Learning and development
• Care for Staff
• Improving performance through team working
• Communicating effectively
• Improving quality
• Achieving results
A degree or professional clinical qualification is essential.
In additional the post holder should have as many of the following attributes as possible
• Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional Development in relevant area.
• Evidence of management, education and training
• Clinical procurement experience
• Effective listening and interpersonal skills.
• Time management skills/ability to prioritize workload.
• The post holder will be required to demonstrate excellent team working skills with ability to work using own initiative.
• Evidence of effective problem solving skills.
• IT Skills (especially the ability to analyse data using Microsoft excel)
Informal enquiries regarding the post will be welcomed by Euan Erskine, 01698 752645.
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.