Applications are invited from experienced Health and Care Professions Council registered Biomedical Scientists to join our team.
You must have a M.Sc. qualification and/or Fellowship of the institute of Biomedical Science with experience as a Biomedical Scientist, working within a team in an NHS Cellular Pathology Laboratory.
The applicant must have extensive experience of working in a Histology service and have a good understanding of the principles of current practice in this area of expertise.
The applicant will:
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day technical activities of the Histology section of the laboratory service.
- Be responsible for standards and quality of performance of the Histology section of the department, including instrument and procedural problem solving.
· Process a broad range of specialist and routine laboratory diagnostic investigations in the Histology department using a range of scientific measurements and technical procedures on patient samples.
- Develop and deliver training and assess competence of Healthcare Scientists, trainee Healthcare Scientists and HCS support workers as required.
- Participate as part of the management team within the Pathology Department
Evidence of active participation in Continuing Professional Development is required.
The post will be based at Forth Valley Royal Hospital. The Laboratory provides Pathology and Cytology support to the acute hospital and also to General Practice.
For further details or to arrange an informal visit please contact Suzanne Ferrá on 01324 566643.
The duties of this post require the successful candidate to complete a Standard Police Act Disclosure Scotland Check.
Please note that the majority of correspondence is sent by e-mail, therefore please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates.
NHS Forth Valley is positive about disabled people and is committed to offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Please contact the Recruitment Office on 0330 041 4694 if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you with your application and/or interview.