An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced person to join the Spiritual Care and Wellbeing team as a Healthcare Chaplain supporting the Spiritual Care Lead in the ongoing development and delivery of spiritual care and wellbeing services across NHS Golden Jubilee. You will be responsible for providing spiritual care in accordance with our Spiritual and Pastoral Care Policy, which embraces a broad role of both religious and spiritual care for patients, visitors, staff and volunteers, regardless of faith, belief and/or life stance.
- Deliver appropriate spiritual, religious and pastoral care to all patients, visitors, staff and volunteers, regardless of faith or life stance
- Act as a link to various community faith and belief groups, supporting and facilitating the care of their members while they are in healthcare.
- Support the systemic integration of spiritual care into healthcare provision through working as part of the multidisciplinary team providing holistic care and providing training and support for staff and volunteers
- Act as chaplain to NHS Golden Jubilee through participating in the major incident plan and providing leadership in response to staff issues and events, which require communal recognition and action
Skills and Experience Required:
- Registration with appropriate regulatory body
- Educated to degree level
- Must have a knowledge base of different religions and faiths and the ability to work harmoniously in an ecumenical and interfaith environment
- Experience of leading and delivering recognised religious ceremonies and practices, preferably including those relevant to a healthcare environment
- Experience in making presentations, teaching or group facilitation
Informal enquiries are welcomed by contacting Tosh Lynch, Spiritual Care Lead, on 0141 951 5060 or email@example.com
You are advised to refer to the Person Specification and Job Description included in the Candidate Pack before considering an application.