DENBURN MEDICAL PRACTICE
Remote telephone consultation shifts
Are you a portfolio GP who seeks variety in clinical work? Do you require flexibility around commitments and wish to maintain your clinical experience? Or are you simply interested in trying an innovative primary care model?
If the answer is “Yes” to any of the above;
Denburn medical practice seek clinicians to work, in a newly developed and exciting new role, involving telephone consultation for patients remotely, from home.
Who are we?
We are a dual site practice, based in Aberdeen city centre and Northfield, with a list size of circa 17,300 patients. We are passionate about trying new approaches to deliver primary care, and have a diverse consulting team comprising GPs, ANPs, NPs, a Pharmacist, and a Physicians Associate.
We operate a total triage model of care based on the Doctor First system. We are a teaching and GP training practice. An £8.1m purpose built new site located in the north corridor, is currently being project managed, and will include a bespoke triage and video consultation hub with a view to move there in 2021; we will also continue to maintain a city centre presence.
- No never ending duty days
- No home visits (ever!)
- No paperwork
- Flexible working on your own terms
- Work from home
- No need to negotiate traffic
- Supplement your current income
- Development of a portfolio career
- Paid induction sessions to learn the system.
- Use of a remote consultation laptop, and mobile phone, to make calls.
- Sessions available in evenings/weekends and daytime hours.
- Regular ad hoc sessions or salaried posts are available.
Who are we looking for?
- Clinicians with excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic GPs who are able to embrace change and different ways of working.
- Previous experience of triage/telephone consultation desirable, though not essential.
Why join our team?
In addition to the points above, you will:
- Develop skills in the art of telephone consultation and triage, clinical decision making, and risk assessment.
- Have access to a mentorship program for newly qualified GPs.
- Receive support to develop special interest
Start date is immediate and we seek to recruit a small cohort of clinicians and invest time in training them for this exciting role. In the near future we seek to expand this role to encompass video consultation using the Attend Anywhere platform.
Applicants must be registered to practice with the GMC.
For informal inquiries or if you wish to submit your CV for application, please contact: