*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Fixed term until 1st December 2022 in the first instance (renewable subject to the approval of the SAS Associate Postgraduate Dean in consultation with the Lead Dean/ Director NES Medical Directorate Professional Development workstream)
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Flexible Location NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NHS Education for Scotland is leading a programme, funded by Scottish Government, to support the professional development of Staff Grade, Associate Specialist and Specialty Doctors and Dentists, who form a significant part of the NHS Workforce. This development is supported by a dedicated SAS Professional Development Fund, to which SAS Doctors and Dentists can apply to support access to significant training opportunities (beyond their contractual entitlement to study leave), which will enhance delivery of clinical services and improve patient safety and care. The aims of the SAS Development Programme include supporting the aspirations of SAS Doctors who have not completed a CCT, but may be able to achieve entry onto the specialist register by completion of a Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR).
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Identify and communicate with their local SAS community, regarding their development needs and career aspirations
- Facilitate SAS Doctors and Dentists to align their training needs to service development and improvement
- Support SAS Doctors to collect supportive evidence in their portfolio/PDP for appraisal, revalidation and/or CESR purposes
- Facilitate submissions of applications for professional funding from their local SAS community
- Raise the profile of training and development opportunities for SAS Doctors and Dentists
- Participate in Quality Management
- Participate in the national managed educational network of Education Advisers.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- The successful candidate will be a qualified doctor or dentist and hold a substantive post in NHS Ayrshire & Arran, at SAS grade. The programmed activity allocation (1 PA) is based on the headcount number of SAS Doctors and Dentists working in this Health Board region.
- Applicants can apply to undertake the role in addition to existing PAs, or if the role is to replace existing PAs, the candidate must have the approval by the time of interview from their Clinical Director. While there can be flexibility in terms of when the PAs are worked, it is expected that this work will be predominantly carried out within office hours, Monday - Friday.
Informal enquiries are welcome and and should be directed to Dr Lynne Meekison firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or to Phil Smith SASdevelopment@nes.scot.nhs.uk (0141 223 1517)
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 14th October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com