*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Fixed term opportunity for three years in the first instance
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility for developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
A unique opportunity is now available as clinical lead for developing, leading and delivering the national simulation training for core psychiatry trainees.
The work will include:
- Leading on the introduction of the national simulation teaching programme to support the development of core psychiatry trainees which will involve both technical and non-technical skills.
- Working with training programme directors, health board simulation leads, local training leads to develop course material including assessments for the simulation programme.
- Facilitate at training sessions and ensure delivery of the course material through establishment of a networks of trainers
- Ensuring a quality assurance process of the delivered training including analysis of benefit to inform future developments.
- Work with other professionals as appropriate
- Work to ensure equity of training for all trainees
- Work with the Postgraduate Dean, Mental Health Specialty Training Board and NES Medicine Simulation Collaborative
Applications are invited from consultants who have experience in the delivery and assessment of simulation-based training as itemised in the job description and person specification.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Seamus McNulty email@example.com or Prof Clare McKenzie (PA firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 18th October 2021
Interview date: 1st November 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com