*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Development of a suite of web applications on NES’s Turas Digital Platform using the Microsoft .Net stack.
- Play a senior role in an agile software delivery team to ensure delivery against its objectives.
- Discover, evaluate and implement suitable established and emerging technologies that support and enhance NES Digital’s products.
- Develop, maintain and improve NES Digital’s continuous integration and delivery systems to ensure we are constantly delivery value to our user communities,
- Provide mentoring and technical support to more junior members of the team.
- Self-motivated: capable of working with limited supervision, pro-actively reporting on status and tasks.
- Excellent communicator: able to communicate with stakeholders across all levels of the business.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and demonstrable experience in software development.
- Highly experienced in software development across the entire software development lifecycle.
- Ability to plan, execute, track and report on delivery progress against requirements.
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale, complex relational databases in MS SQL Server.
- Competent in cloud architecture and technologies.
- Experience in continuous improvement of development and integration processes.
- Experienced in Agile methodologies.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated, the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 25th October 2021
Interview date: Commencing Tuesday 9th November 2021 onwards.
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org