*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Fixed term/Secondment until 31 March 2023
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
As an experienced content designer, your tasks will include, but are not restricted to:
- developing, implementing and maintaining a content strategy and style guide for the NHS Scotland Careers workstream that meets the NES workforce directorate objectives
- researching user behaviours, motivations, and needs to develop user stories or job stories
- designing content to meet user needs
- making sure content is accurate and compliant
- implementing SEO recommendations
- planning, coordinating, and delivering podcasts and video content for digital channels, including the NHS Scotland Careers website and social media
- creating storyboards and scriptwriting for animations
- working with cross-functional teams, partners, stakeholders, and external suppliers to support content objectives
- using and interpreting website analytics, user research, and user feedback to plan, review, and improve content
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- a broad range of content design experience, including user-centred design, user research, creating effective and accessible content for digital channels, testing, and prototyping
- knowledge of GDS content design principles
- creative problem-solving, including innovative solutions to engage our audience
- content management system experience
- ability to work with minimal supervision
- strong data analysis and reporting skills
- teamworking, including guiding and coaching staff
- keen to share your knowledge and experience
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 02/12/21
Interview date: 15/12/21
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org