*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Hours: 2.5WTE in total (less than 0.83 WTE -31.25hrs may be considered)
Fixed term/Secondment until 1 March 2023
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Are you interested in developing the role of General Practice Managers in Scotland? We are looking to appoint 3 part-time (0.83 WTE and less than 0.83 WTE may be considered) Programme Officers for Practice Management to support the development, delivery and evaluation of Practice Manager education and to support the activities of the Scottish Practice Management Development Network.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Supporting the development, delivery and evaluation of the NES PMVTS and NES SMGP Programmes.
- Designing, developing and delivering Practice Management CPD resources
- Supporting the development and delivery of other Practice Management initiatives and resources
- Producing briefing documents, designing surveys, analysing data and producing reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in the development of effective governance arrangements for programmes including effective financial controls, risk management, impact assessment, key milestones and monitoring performance
- Ensuring the quality and impact of all programmes, projects and services by contributing to the implementation of frameworks and processes
- Supporting and contributing to the development of effective links with Practice Managers working across Scotland
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Current or recent experience of working as a General Practice Manager
- Evidence of professional expertise
- Ability to develop and maintain good communications and working relationships with a wide range of staff and key stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise workload, delegate and manage own time effectively
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Proven expertise in accessing, analysing and presenting a wide range of complex information to range of audiences.
Informal enquiries may be directed to email@example.com
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 26 November 2021
Interview date: 13 December 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org