*** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***
Fixed term/Secondment until 30 June 2022*
SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Supporting senior managers and colleagues in the administration of junior doctors through their training years.
- Supporting and managing a team through a period of change.
- Line management responsibility including annual reviews of team members, allocation of activities, share and support training requirements.
- Project management to ensure processes are kept updated, work practices are in line with any changes stipulated locally and nationally and settling of achievable project activities.
- Provide a high level of administration support
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Demonstrable experience of providing high level administrative support to Senior Management.
- Experience of communicating with a range of stakeholders and audiences.
- Experience of delivering results within a team
- Ability to make appropriate and well-informed judgements and choices
- Demonstrable ability to positively influence and motivate others
- Ability to operate high degrees of tact and diplomacy
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including report writing, presentation skills and the ability to deliver training.
- Ability in planning, organising, and prioritising own and others’ work effectively.
- Delegation and supervisory skills
- Ability to understand and work with numbers.
- Ability to find solutions to complex tasks in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to analyse and present data.
- Awareness of Data Protection legislation and appreciation of the need for discretion and confidentiality in the workplace.
- Demonstrable ability to use Microsoft Office Packages
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality
- A desire to maintain high quality work and suggest improvements where necessary
Informal enquiries may be directed to Karen Shearer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 9th December 2021
Interview date: from 21st December 2021
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com