To provide a psychology service to patients.
To provide systematic, autonomous and highly specialist psychological assessment and therapies to patients with a wide range of mental health and behavioural problems
To work within a multidisciplinary Psychological Therapies team (or equivalent) providing evidence-based treatments for individuals with moderate to severe psychological disorders. This will involve a mix of individual clinical work and involvement in the provision of couple, family and group interventions.
To manage own caseload within speciality area using specialist therapy and maintain clinical related records.
To contribute to service delivery and to participate in service evaluation within the area as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THE JOB
- The post holder must have an honours degree in psychology and a post graduate doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology.
- The post holder must be registered with the HCPC as a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist.
- Relevant clinical experience
- Have knowledge of relevant national and professional guidelines for optimal standards of clinical care.
- Have some knowledge of Psychiatry and other related professions in order to understand complex clinical presentation.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be aware of the limits of one's competence and expertise and work within those boundaries (particularly in the initial postgraduate year).
- Work in a sensitive manner with respect for diversity in gender, ethnic, culture and philosophical issues with a wide range of individuals
- Commitment to ongoing Continuing Professional Development
- Attend in-house and external courses pertaining to computer training, moving and handling, management of aggression and violence, lone worker guidelines etc.
Informal enquiries regarding the post will be welcomed by Dr Alison Campbell, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, on 01555 777425.
If you have any queries regarding the application form or recruitment process, please contact Lyn Henry, Recruitment Adminisatrator, on 01698 377759.
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.
Applications from candidates who require a Tier 2 Certificate of sponsorship (formerly Work Permits) will only be considered if no suitable UK or EEA national is identified for this post. For further information on the UK Border Agency’s new points based System which now governs the way individuals from outside the EEA can work in the UK please visit www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk.
Please note: We anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the advert once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.