* Updated Information*
**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Agenda for Change Band 6, £32,118 to £39,560 per annum
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term or secondment until May 2023*
Base location: Flexible Base Location (any NHS Education for Scotland office)
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
Digital technology has been essential in supporting health and care provision during the COVID-19 pandemic. Enabling the acceleration of digitally delivered services across the sector providing much needed support to people across the country. This has highlighted the need and further opportunities for continuing the momentum of digitally enabling the workforce. Therefore, Scottish Government is funding the role of Building Digital Skills and Leadership Communications and Engagement Manager reporting through NES Education for Scotland.
This is an exciting role and opportunity to be part of a newly formed team who are delivering a programme of work to Build Digital Skills and Leadership across Scotland’s health and social care workforce.
What You Will Do
Key priorities and activities will include but are not restricted to;
- Responsible for leading all communications and engagement for the Building Digital Skills and Leadership programme at a national level.
- Ensuring all communications are current and of an exceptionally high quality that builds engagement with a wide audience through different media.
- A fundamental part of the role is creating new media including video content for webinars, websites, social media, newsletters and other communication channels.
- Leading, overseeing and evaluating all communications for the team and programme of work.
- Ensuring high quality, creative, influential and consistent communications.
- Creation and delivery of an innovative effective communications strategy and plan that develops greater awareness of the programme of work and the initiatives taking place to digitally enable the workforce.
- Create and deliver campaigns to support behavioural change in terms of how the Health and Social Care workforce access and utilise the available resources. This will be achieved by implementing a new and innovative approach to communications which influence and engage the workforce.
- Lead the communications with key stakeholders across Health and Social Care to increase engagement in the programme of work to build digital capability in the workforce and promote events and the resources available.
- Engage with our existing networks across the sector as well as reaching out and proactively engaging with new networks and stakeholders to ensure participation across the sector and that communication is consistent across organisations.
- Working with the Digital Learning Specialists to support the specification, production and delivery of high quality digital learning resources and campaigns. That are fully accessible to all and in the appropriate style, tone and creative approach.
- Line management of the project officer and administration roles within the team.
- Ensuring workstreams are adequately supported and delivered within timescales with the appropriate communication plans and within budget.
What You Will Bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Excitement about joining a new dynamic, innovative team with purpose and energy.
- A passion for creative communication and marketing management with significant experience in a similar role.
- A creative flair in resource design, creation and skilled in:
- video creation and editing,
- content for conferences, webinars, websites, social media,
- articles for newsletters, and other communication channels.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective communication and engagement strategies that raise the profile and promote activities and events at a national level.
- A proven track record of leading communications, building and managing marketing campaigns and previous experience of building the profile of key projects across large organisations and on a national level.
- Strong people skills with experience of line management of support roles.
- Highly effective accurate writing skills including writing and editing reports for board meetings and procurement documents.
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and communications and design software.
- Experience working with or knowledge of some or all of these organisations and sectors HSCP, SSSC, NHS, eHealth, SSSC, Scottish Care, Housing, Care Homes, SCVO, Local Govt Digital Office.
* For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis. Applicants applying on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
If this sounds like you please apply or for informal enquiries contact:
Paula Baird Programme Lead Digitally Enabled Workforce - Paula.email@example.com
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing date: 30th January 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief. https://www.careers.nhs.scot/about/who-we-are/
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process or the application portal, please contact NES HR Recruitment and/or Accessibility info and Jobtrain support