**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
'Previous applicants need not apply'
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
What you'll do
Provide effective and efficient administrative and PA support to the Postgraduate Dean in the North of Scotland Region and provide cross cover support for the Strategic Planning and Directorate Support team regionally and locally, as required. This post will involve extensive use of IT and communication system.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
- Provide diary management, taking minutes and providing administrative support on day to day matters as required.
- Support the planning and organisation of events, virtual and face to face, such as meetings, training events, conferences and interviews. This can include booking venues, liaising with participants and arranging catering, travel and accommodation as required.
- Preparing distribution of papers for meetings.
- Typing of correspondence, reports and associated documents.
- Deal professionally with a range of enquiries from doctors, managers, staff and external organisations to the department.
- Sort information from a range of sources and record data accurately, analysing results and producing reports and statistics.
- Assistance with maintenance of electronic filing and archiving system for the department.
- Develop and maintain robust and efficient office systems to ensure a smooth flow of information within the department and when required across the organisation.
- Photocopying and scanning as required.
- Provide cross cover support for the Strategic Planning and Directorate Support team regionally and locally, as required.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
- Demonstratable experience in an office administrator role or equivalent including diary management, dealing with correspondence, preparation of meeting papers and general administrative duties.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and hands on IT experience of database packages including electronic filing systems.
- Team worker with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Awareness of Data Protection legislation and appreciation of the need for discretion and confidentiality in the workplace.
- Advanced keyboard skills with proven speed and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, care and compassion when dealing with others.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to collate and produce reports and statistical information.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Heather-Marie Sutherland (Business Manager) at:
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the job information pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date
*Please note: we anticipate a high level of interest in this position and may close the vacancy early once a sufficient amount of applications are received. Therefore, please make sure you complete and submit your application at an early stage.
Previous applicants need not apply
Closing Date: 26th January 2022
Interview Date: *updated 9th February 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com