**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Associate Post Graduate Dean for Diagnostics Simulation Training
Duration: Fixed term opportunity for three years in the first instance*
Hours: Part Time, 2 PA’s (8 hours per week)
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
A unique opportunity is now available as clinical lead for developing, leading and delivering the national simulation training for the Diagnostics Specialty Grouping.
The work will include:
- Leading on the introduction of the national simulation teaching programme to support the development of trainees across Diagnostics specialties, which will involve both technical and non-technical skills.
- Working with training programme directors, health board simulation leads and local training leads to develop course material including assessments for a simulation programme.
- Facilitate at training sessions and ensure delivery of course material through establishment of a networks of trainers
- Ensuring a quality assurance process of the delivered training including analysis of benefit to inform future developments.
- Work with other professionals and specialties as appropriate
- Work to ensure equity of training for all trainees across Scotland
- Work with the Postgraduate Dean, Diagnostics Specialty Training Board and NES Medicine Simulation team.
Applications are invited from doctors who hold a senior or significant appointment in the NHS or academia and who have experience in the delivery and assessment of simulation-based training as itemised in the job description and person specification.
* For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack below
Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Fiona Ewing, STB Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) , Dr Michael Moneypenny (Clinical Skills Managed Educational Network, email@example.com) or Professor Alan Denison (Dean, PA firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Closing Date: 26th January 2022
Interview Date: 11th February 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: email@example.com