**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Associate Post Graduate Dean for Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics Simulation Training
Duration: Fixed term opportunity for three years in the first instance*
Hours: Part Time, 2 PA’s (8 hours per week)
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is the national health board with statutory responsibilities to effect sustainable change through workforce development, education and training across the health and social care system in Scotland, while working at UK level with partner organisations.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility for developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
A unique opportunity is now available as clinical lead for developing, leading and delivering the national simulation training for the Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics (OGP) Specialty Grouping.
The work will include:
- Leading on the introduction of the national simulation teaching programme to support the development of trainees across OGP specialties, which will involve both technical and non-technical skills.
- Working with training programme directors, health board simulation leads, local training leads to develop course material including assessments for the simulation programme.
- Facilitate at training sessions and ensure delivery of the course material through establishment of a network of trainers
- Ensuring a quality assurance process of the delivered training including analysis of benefit to inform future developments.
- Work with other professionals as appropriate
- Work to ensure equity of training for all trainees
- Work with the Postgraduate Dean, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Paediatrics Specialty Training Board and NES Medicine Simulation team.
Applications are invited from doctors who hold a senior or significant appointment in the NHS or academic and who have experience in the delivery and assessment of simulation-based training as itemised in the job description and person specification.
While applicants may apply to undertake 2 PAs, applications will also be welcomed for those wishing to undertake solely paediatrics (1PA) or Obstetrics & Gynaecology (1PA) simulation.
* For NHS employees considering this post, please note that appointments will only be considered on a secondment or SLA basis, in the first instance
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Claire Alexander, STB Chair (email@example.com), Dr Michael Moneypenny (Clinical Skills Managed Educational Network, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Alan Denison (Dean, PA email@example.com)
Closing date: 27th January 2022
Interview Date: 21st March 2022
We actively encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds, regardless of gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you have any queries regarding the application portal or the recruitment process, please contact us at: NES HR Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org