This post is based in a multidisciplinary CAMHS Team that provides a service to children and families with moderate to severe mental health difficulties.
The successful candidate will provide a high quality mental health service to children and young people and their families within one of seven generic Tier 3 CAMHS Team. This includes working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the department’s policies and procedures including –
- the assessment of young people and their families referred to the Service and
- the provision of therapeutic interventions to these young people and their families utilising a range of therapeutic modalities as required. The post holder will be expected to work with the full range of presenting difficulties referred to the team.
Additional Information Specific to the Role
This post is based in a generic Tier 3 CAMHS Team providing a service within the geographical area of Lanarkshire. These are well established multi disciplinary team including psychiatrist, clinical psychologists and CAMHC’s.
NHS Lanarkshire CAMHS provide a service to infants, children and young people up to the age of 18 if they are still in secondary education. The service comprises -
- Two early intervention teams working with children and young people presenting with mild to moderate difficulties. These are the Primary Mental Health Team who work with children up to the age of 12 years and Lanarkshire Youth Counselling Service who work with young people aged 12 to 18 years.
- Seven generic locality based CAMHS teams providing a Tier 3 service for children and young people presenting with moderate to severe difficulties.
- Four functional teams providing Tier 3 service to specific groups of children and their families or carers i.e. CAYP Team working with looked after and accommodated young people, Reach Out working with children whose lives are affected by parental mental illness, the Learning Disability Team and the Paediatric Psychology Team based in Wishaw General Hospital and work with children with long term conditions.
- The CAMHS Intensive Treatment Team (CITT) who provide home based intensive treatment service to young people as an alternative to hospital admission or to facilitate earlier discharge.
- Car driver with valid driving licence
Full details can be found within the attached Job Description, Person Specification and Role Profile, however if you would like to find out more please contact Helen Paterson, Team Leader CAMHC on 01698 755360
Whilst this advertisement may be for a specific post(s) in a particular location, applicants who are shortlisted for interview may be considered for similar vacancies in alternative locations.
NHS Lanarkshire has a legal obligation to ensure that it does not employ any worker who has not been granted the relevant permission to work in the UK. This permission is without exception granted by the UK Border Agency. We are required to check the entitlement to work in the UK of all prospective employees, regardless of nationality or job category.
Candidates who require a Certificate of Sponsorship can access further information on the UK Border Agency’s new points based system that now governs the way individuals from outside the UK can work at www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk
If you require a Skilled Worker Visa, please seek further guidance on current immigration rules which can be found on the Home Office website: UK Visas and Immigration - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) before applying.