Job Title: Modern Apprenticeship – Business and Administration
Grade: Band 2
Contract Duration: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: Friday 9th June
We are delighted to announce we are recruiting several Band 2 administration positions. On offer we have –
Podiatry - Slateford Medical Centre (Admin Support)
Medicine Service – Western General Hospital (Clerical Officer)
GP Practice – Mill Lane Medical Surgery (Receptionist)
Flow Centre – Astley Ainslie Hospital (Admin Support)
At application stage please tell us your preference on position.
We are recruiting to these posts based on your potential to contribute to our high quality patient care as well as demonstration of personal values aligned to those of our organisation: NHS Lothian Values.
You will be supported in your role, and you will have the opportunity to learn and gain the following:
- An SVQ Level 2 Business and Administration and embed the learnings into practice. The underpinning knowledge units include Digital Skills, Minute Taking, Office 365 Software Skills, Effective Email and Template Creation, and Medical Terminology.
- Embed essential employability skills to support career development.
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Enhance your Administrative and IT skills within a busy healthcare environment
- Understanding of working in a healthcare environment
- Working alongside multiple teams to support the delivery of high-quality patient care
- Increase confidence in dealing with the public and effective communication skills in the workplace
- How to establish a report with a multi-disciplinary team and gain the confidence of patients and relatives
- How to address the equality and diversity needs of patients, relatives and staff
- Support to develop further on successful completion of the Modern Apprenticeship through an established career pathway (see attached document for more information on the opportunities that may be available)
What you need to apply:
- Candidates must be between 16-24yrs of age (or the age of 29 if you have a disability or have lived experience of the care system)
- Have gained a National 4 or above in English and Mathematics or core skills at level 4 at grade C or above, which were achieved within another qualification.
- Alternatively, if you have completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills, Financial Services or Accountancy
- Align to the NHS Lothian Values and work to these every day.
- Evidence of working as part of a team could have been gained from Prior work experience, within education, any volunteering you may have done or if you have completed any awards such as Duke of Edinburgh.
- Have a passion for working within a healthcare setting and making a real difference in people’s lives.
- You are committed to doing your best and completing the Modern Apprenticeship with a positive attitude to the programme.
You must have eligibility to work within the UK, including UK citizen, EU settled or those who have right to remain. Due to the nature of the apprenticeship we can not support visa applications for these positions.
Please read all attachments to this advert in full as this gives you helpful information on how to complete the application form as well as what is expected within a Modern Apprenticeship Role.
If you believe you have the potential to help us deliver world class healthcare and want to start to develop your career we would love you to apply.
The recruitment process will consist of various stages, all of which are mandatory,and will all be undertaken on-line and via MSTeams:
13th June 2023
Information Session to be held via MSTeams 1400-1600
15th June 2023
Group Interview via MSTeams
13th June 2023
Week commencing 19th June 2023
Face to Face Interview
Candidates who are successful in interview will be expected to start in NHS Lothian on Monday 31st July and we are not able to alter this date.