Where to find us
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Are you a military veteran with a passion for helping other veterans and their family members?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within a “one-stop-shop” service for veterans and their families across Tayside. Veterans First Point (V1P) services are developed by veterans, for veterans and have veterans on their staff teams. Funded by the Scottish Government and Dundee Health and Social Care Partnership, V1P Tayside will provide information and signposting to other useful services; understanding and listening; support and social networking and access to health and well-being services - including a mental health and psychological therapy service on site.
Peer Support Workers are the first point of contact for veterans and family members who come to the service. As former military personnel, they bring a shared understanding of the transition from military to civilian life and seek to support each veteran and their family to meet their particular needs.
V1P Tayside has one full time Peer Support Worker post available and job share opportunities will be considered. Full time hours of work are: 37.5 hours for a full time post.
You will be required to achieve the mandatory Induction standards for Healthcare Support Workers in Scotland and to comply with the Code of Conduct throughout your employment.
Informal enquiries to: Ms Jody Payne (Mental Health Practitioner/Adult Psychotherapist) on 01382 424029.
Hours of work are: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted by email. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for shortlisting purposes.
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date.
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link:
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link:
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately.
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser "Google Chrome" or "Microsoft Edge" when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Tayside