**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Agenda for Change Band 4; £22,152 to £24,258 per annum
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
What you'll do
The role will provide a broad range of business support, with a key programme area being Project Lift. Key tasks will include but are not restricted to;
• Carrying out a range of administrative and business support tasks, both scheduled and ad hoc
• Support the development and implementation of a knowledge management approach, with a focus on the use of O365 tools and apps
• Organise and co-ordinate meetings, leadership programmes, events and conferences at both a local and a national level, organising diaries, managing venues, taking and distributing minutes, preparing learning resources and other materials
• Work proactively suggesting and implementing improvements to ways of working and business processes both within own role and across the directorate
• Collation and evaluation of data gathered via forms, reports and other information, maintaining and developing department databases
• Contribute to formal monitoring and reporting processes for internal and external stakeholders by designing surveys, analysing data, and producing reports
• Monitoring and review of financial information for the department in support of effective financial management and to ensure that we are consistent with guidelines and procedures
• Provision of support is required across two offices (Edinburgh and Glasgow). Post holder may be required to work from the Glasgow office on an ad hoc basis.
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
• Educated to HNC level in a business administrative discipline or equivalent relevant experience
• Enthusiastic, adaptive with a keen eye for improvement.
• Advanced organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload
• Comfortable working on own initiative and as part of a team
• Experience of Microsoft packages
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like further information, please refer to the Job Info Pack which includes a copy of the Job Summary, Person Specification and Conditions of Service.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.