**** COVID-19 – Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful you will also initially be working remotely in line with guidance from Scottish Government***
Agenda for Change Band 6; £31,800 to £39,169 per annum (pro rata)
Full Time; 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term / secondment until 31 March 2021; SLA or secondment only for NHS staff in the first instance*.
Who We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
NHS Education for Scotland is seeking an Support Team Lead to join their Delivery team within the Digital Directorate.
The Delivery Business Unit aims to maximise NES’s return on its investment in digital products and services by focusing on ensuring we are delivering the right thing, to the right people at the highest quality.
What you'll do
The postholder will play a key role in delivering valuable solutions to help support the work of NES.
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
• Liaising with delivery teams, especially Product Managers, to pinpoint areas for improvement in NES Digital products
• Keeping up to date with deliveries across all NES Digital products and ensuring that the Support Team are appraised of and prepared for software releases
• Leading on regular “Stand-up” calls for the Support Team to ensure that:
• Any previous problems/issues are being handled
• The Support Team is organised for the day ahead
• Assigning appropriate workloads and tasks to Support Team members
• Responding to support enquiries, assisting Support Team members with more complex support enquiries, and acting as a point of escalation for challenging support enquiries
• Ensuring that responses to support enquiries are courteous and helpful
• Ensuring that Support Team members are equipped with the necessary information and skills
• Ensuring that significant technical issues are escalated to the appropriate delivery teams and/or Technical Leads
• Monitoring resolution rates and customer satisfaction rates
• Gathering metrics to spot trends in support enquiries and identify possible areas for improvements in NES Digital products
What you'll bring
These will include but are not restricted to;
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience of working in a customer service environment
• Experience of leading and organising a team
• Able to communicate effectively across technical and political boundaries
• Good organisational skills with an ability to work within a complex and dynamic team
• Can address risks and issues and know when to escalate these
Informal enquiries may be directed to Ross Meikle (Ross.Meikle@nes.scot.nhs.uk)
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.